Friday, November 1, 2013

A Writing We Will Go


 I am not a writer. I was a marine biology and then a psychology major in college. I hardly ever put much effort into my writings in college and any stories I have even written have only been read by one person. Also I am dyslectic and I have ADHD. I have these wonderful ideas for stories that I tell myself to get to sleep or when I am bored and day dreaming. I never write the stories down.

So to say the very least I am stepping out of my comfort zone and participating the Nation Novel Writing Month.
Why you might ask?
Because about a month ago I had a dream. It was so real I felt like I was watching a movie, not dreaming. The story of that dream has stuck with me ever since. Whenever I go to sleep I am secretly hoping I will dream more about it, just so I know what happens. What better way to find out than to write about it! Who knows, I might end up with a decent story by the end of month! The truth is I have been dabbling with the idea of trying to write for a few years now but I have lacked the confidence to really attempt writing anything. I don’t know what I am afraid of exactly but I have managed to talk myself out of trying more times than I can count.
I happened across this writing site through twitter just a few weeks ago. So I have no outline or real focus for the story I want to tell but what better time to try right?!
I have only been blogging for less than a month and I already love the people I have “met” and the stories I have read. I’m very much looking forward to continuing that experience and growing my friends list by joining this writing community.

Wish me luck this month! And good luck to all of you who are participating! I am a total noob but feel free to ask me any questions or just stop by for a chat if you need it! 

Are any of you other bloggers out there writers?! Are you joining in National Novel Writing Month or any other actives for reading or writing?!
I’d love to hear your thoughts!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment