Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten New to Me Authors 2013


So this year was a big discovery year for me. I have always read a lot but this year I have been able to read much more and go to bookish events. So I discovered some amazing authors that many of you have probably been following for a while now. I'm just happy to have found them and to enjoy their writings!

1. Veronica Rossi
Author of the Under the Never Sky series. I loved!! The first to books and I can not wait to read Into the Still Blue. Her characters are ones you love, you want to know their story.

2. Cassandra Clare
Author of the Mortal Instruments Series (which I haven't read yet). I love the world she made in The Infernal Devices series.   

3. Kiera Cass
Author of the Selection series. TEAM MAXON!

4. Lauren Oliver
Author of the Delirium series. She's just a great author and really nice too!  

5. Taherah Mafi
I have never read anything written like her Shatter Me series. Her writing is just beautiful! 

6. Joelle Charbonneau
Author of The Testing series. Such a great story!! Completely enthralling! 

7. K.A. Tucker
Author of the Causal Enchantment series. Not a very well know author but her story is amazingly unexpected! 

8. Gena Showalter
Zombies!!!! Author of the White Rabbit Chronicles. Just awesome! 

9. Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Author of The Language of Flowers. Just a beautifully written heart wrenching story. 

10. Erin Morgenstern
Author of the Night Circus. I really enjoyed this story. It allowed real magic to take place right where you expect it. 

It's kind of bitter sweet because even though I will continue to read what these authors write, there's nothing like that first book  where you don't know what to expect. When you have no idea that you have just picked up a book by your new favorite author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment