Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Episodes in Non-Fiction: Holiday and Reading


It’s that wonderful time of year, when real life is constantly intruding on reading time! I mean what do all these people want with me?! And why can’t I say no to all these social things, as I have been doing for the rest of year!


Because, despite what we like to happen, we have to be social creatures sometimes and the holidays make is hard to say no.

As much as we would all love to live in our books, real life comes a knocking at the most inconvenient times…. Like that month you decided to start a book blog and participate in National Novel Writers Month, at the same time!

So my question to you is, how do you manage to read around the holidays?!

Between my family, my husband’s divorced parents, friends and work we have very little time to ourselves these days. The day before Thanksgiving I spent the ENTIRE day in the kitchen, making food to take to other people’s houses! Christmas is worse because I have to go see my wonderful friends too. Not that I don’t love my friends, I want to spend time with them but my books get sad when I leave them for too long.

Is there a polite way say “This has been fun but I need to go read now!”

What are your plans for the holidays and how are you going to incorporate reading into your holiday plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment