Monday, January 6, 2014

Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

 photo PushingtheLimits_zpsea81c7b0.jpgTitle: Pushing the Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing Limits #1
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published Date: July 31.2012
Format: library e-book
Pages: 392 

 photo goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47_zpsa5d19327.png

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with freaky scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again
.



After seeing all the hype that Crash into You got I HAD to see what the big deal was with this series. I don't like to read books out of order so I rented the first book from the library, even the first book had a waiting list.

I’m not sure what I was expecting but whatever it was Pushing the Limits blew my expectations out of the water! I would have finished this book in a matter of hours if real life hadn't gotten in the way!

One of my favorite things about this book is how imperfect Noah and Echo are. They are both so “broken” and this book doesn't try to fix them so much as it helps them find their way. This is not the typical happy-ever-after romance and that makes it a much stronger story in my opinion.

I also love how strong all of the characters are. Each with their own distinctive voices and personalities, even the minor characters seemed real to me.
Basically I LOVE THIS BOOK! It’s such a great love story without being all sappy every time you turn the page. I think anyone who loves a good love story will not be able to put this book down! 

“Luke used to give me butterflies. Noah spawned mutant pterodactyls.”

“It doesn't get better," I said. "The pain. The wounds scab over and you don't always feel like a knife is slashing through you. But when you least expect it, the pain flashes to remind you you'll never be the same.”

“Are you ready to take the ACT on Saturday?" my father asked.


Did chickens enjoy being put on trucks labeled KFC? "Sure.”


“I've already lost a piece of my mind. I can't trust you with what's left.”

“I must have killed a lot of cows in a past life for Karma to hate me this much.”

“Fabulous. This night had shifted from the best to bad to Saw in record time.”

“A warm, tickling touch crashed me back to earth. Maybe it sent me straight to heaven. Either way, it dragged me out of hell.”


KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Catch up with Katie!


No comments:

Post a Comment